Ever since the introduction of the Feed-in-Tariffs (Green Energy Cashback Scheme) there has been an explosion of domestic solar PV installations as people rush to take advantage of the scheme.
Feed in tariffs are paid for each unit of electricity generated, even if you use it in your own house/building and regardless of whether or not you use that energy. In addition to this if you have any excess electricity it can be exported back to the grid and you will get an extra 4.5p/kWh. This export can be measured by having an export meter installed by your electricity supplier, but in most cases this will not be financially worthwhile and so a deemed export amount of 50% will be used.
- Guaranteed payments of 15.44p per kWh generated, whether you use it or not. Payments are index linked (RPI).
- Payments guaranteed for 20 years.
- Payments received are tax free.
- Guaranteed 4.5p per unit (kWh) of exported electricity.
16.0p rate is for systems up to 4kWp. Larger systems of between 4kWp and 10kWp the rate is reduced to 16.8p.
From 1st April 2012, domestic installations must be accompanied by an Energy Performance Certificate with a level D or above to show it has completed all Green Deal measures meaning you should only deal with expert solar panel installers such as Green Planet. We will work with you and offer assistance in achieving the minimum grade D requirement. Fail to meet these required standards and the feed-in tariff reduces to 7.1p/kWh of energy generated.
By working with an established fully accredited company such as Green Planet you can rest assured that the system installed will not only meet all the required legislation, but will also be configured in such a way as to guarantee the maximum possible yield.There are very few solar panel installers with our level of professionalism or experience.
5 Reasons to Choose Solar PV
1. Using Solar PV as an Investment:
Invest in a solar PV system and you will be paid for EVERY unit of energy you produce (whether or not it is used). The current Feed in Tariff rate of 15.44p per kWh is guaranteed for 20 years and index linked (RPI). All payments are tax free. Currently you can get a substantially better rate of return by investing your savings into a Solar PV system than putting it in a bank account or an ISA.
2. Using Solar PV to Lower Your Energy Bills:
It is estimated that a medium household will use approximately 3300kW of electricity every year. A typical 2.2kWp domestic Solar PV System can provide more than half of this requirement; and naturally, the more you generate yourself, the less you pay in energy bills.
3. Using Solar PV to Protect Against Future Electricity Price Increases:
Electricity prices have risen sharply in recent years, and so too has demand. The residential sector is largely responsible for this increase. Solar PV systems are designed to wholly or at least partly meet the demands of the average household. This can substantially reduce your dependency on grid supplied electric and reduces your exposure to fluctuating energy prices.
4. Using Solar PV to Increase the Value of Your Home:
There are no published figures to show the impact on the price of a property from the installation of a solar PV system. However, it naturally follows that by putting in place a system that not only reduces energy bills, but which also generates a financial return courtesy of the Feed in Tarrif cash-back scheme; you will make your property more attractive to potential buyers and therefore add notably to the value of your property.
5. Using Solar PV for Environmental Reasons:
An 1.8kWp Solar PV system can reduce your household carbon emissions by over 900kgCO2/yr. An operating solar PV system does not emit any harmful emissions.
Learn more about the benefits of a solar PV installation.
View our domestic solar PV installation gallery.
- pv supplier SunPower Solar PV Partner
- Product Fototherm Hybrid PV & Thermal
- accreditation Independent Warranty Association
- accreditation Renewable Energy Assurance
- accreditation Microgeneration Certification Scheme MCS Approved Installers
- pv supplier Suntellite Solar PV Partner
- pv supplier Panasonic Solar PV Partner
- Product VPhase Voltage Optimiser
- Product Immersun PV Water Heating System
- Product EMMA Energy & Microgenerator Manager