- Generate approximately 1,717kW units per year.
- Earn at least £361 every year for the next 25 years from your FIT payment (index linked).
- Save approximately £120 per year by not having to pay your electricity supplier for the units you make and use.
- Make approximately £26 per year selling your excess units back to your electricity supplier.
Total annual benefits: £507
- Generate approximately 2,575kW units per year.
- Earn at least £541 every year for the next 25 years from your FIT payment (index linked).
- Save approximately £180 per year by not having to pay your electricity supplier for the units you make and use.
- Make approximately £39 per year selling your excess units back to your electricity supplier.
Total annual benefits: £760
- Generate approximately 3,433kW units per year.
- Earn at least £721 every year for the next 25 years from your FIT payment (index linked).
- Save approximately £240 per year by not having to pay your electricity supplier for the units you make and use.
- Make approximately £52 per year selling your excess units back to your electricity supplier.
Total annual benefits: £1013
There are numerous benefits to be had by the installation of a Green Planet solar PV system. Not only do you help create a greener world, but you also benefit financially thanks to the Government’s Feed In Tariff (FIT) Scheme which is a major component of the UK’s low-carbon strategy.
Designed to encourage householders and small businesses to invest in small scale energy generation, the scheme offers payment for every unit of energy generated at a fixed rate, guaranteed for 25 years, and index-linked.
Despite the recent changes to the feed-in-tariff, a solar PV installation through Green Planet is still an excellent long-term investment, with an average return of 10%.
This we can achieve through our unique business model. We source the panels direct from the manufacturer, and we are also committed to only using high yield panels that give you maximum efficiency. We also strive to keep our costs and our prices low, ensuring that you get the best possible return on the money you invest.
Generating your own electricity also liberates you from the uncertainty of rising fuel bills. The installation of a solar PV system will significantly reduce your energy bills, and not only that, it could also significantly add to the value of your property.
The benefits of course go way beyond that of financial reward. Climate change is an urgent issue and there is a pressing need for action. In the UK, over 25% the greenhouse gases we generate are the direct result of the energy we use to heat and light our homes. Contact Green Planet today, and we can help you create a safer world for future generations.
5 Reasons to Choose Solar PV
1. Using Solar PV as an Investment:
Invest in a solar PV system and you will be paid for EVERY unit of energy you produce (whether or not it is used). The current Feed in Tariff rate of 21.0p per kWh is guaranteed for 25 years and index linked (RPI). All payments are tax free. Currently you can get a substantially better rate of return by investing your savings into a Solar PV system than putting it in a bank account or an ISA.
2. Using Solar PV to Lower Your Energy Bills:
It is estimated that a medium household will use approximately 3300kW of electricity every year. A typical 2.2kWp domestic Solar PV System can provide more than half of this requirement; and naturally, the more you generate yourself, the less you pay in energy bills.
3. Using Solar PV to Protect Against Future Electricity Price Increases:
Electricity prices have risen sharply in recent years, and so too has demand. The residential sector is largely responsible for this increase. Solar PV systems are designed to wholly or at least partly meet the demands of the average household. This can substantially reduce your dependency on grid supplied electric and reduces your exposure to fluctuation energy prices.
4. Using Solar PV to Increase the Value of Your Home:
There are no published figures to show the impact on the price of a property from the installation of a solar PV system. However, it naturally follows that by putting in place a system that not only reduces energy bills, but which also generates a financial return courtesy of the Feed in Tarrif cash-back scheme; you will make your property more attractive to potential buyers and therefore add notably to the value of your property.
5. Using Solar PV for environmental reasons:
An average 1.8kWp Solar PV system can reduce your household carbon emissions by over 900kgCO2/yr. An operating solar PV system does not emit any harmful emissions.
- pv supplier SunPower Solar PV Partner
- Product Fototherm Hybrid PV & Thermal
- accreditation Independent Warranty Association
- accreditation Renewable Energy Assurance
- accreditation Microgeneration Certification Scheme MCS Approved Installers
- pv supplier Suntellite Solar PV Partner
- pv supplier Panasonic Solar PV Partner
- Product VPhase Voltage Optimiser
- Product Immersun PV Water Heating System
- Product EMMA Energy & Microgenerator Manager